Join fellow Florida Ambulance Association member organizations for a special day of advocacy and recognition.
Nominations are due December 20, 2019.
Register Hosts and Nominate Stars Now►
Who is a Star of Life?
We know that EMS saves, sustains, and touches lives every day. Let's shine a light on all of the important work we do by recognizing those who have resuscitated a patient, improved public health, had a positive impact in the community, or showed exceptional care and compassion.
Florida Paramedics, EMTs, Dispatchers, and other EMS professionals who have gone above and beyond can be nominated as Stars of Life. (Stars from outside of the Florida Ambulance Association must be approved by the FAA board.)
Tuesday, January 28
8:00 am–10:00 am
Awards Breakfast & Hill Training
Aloft Downtown Tallahassee
In front of Old State Capitol
11:00-end of day
Stars meetings with Florida Legislators
Leaders in meetings with key committees of jurisdiction
(Each person's schedule will vary, and will be provided onsite.
The Hill schedule is often finalized at the last minute.)
Hotel and Travel
Aloft Downtown Tallahassee
200 N Monroe St
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Reservations: (850) 513-0313 mention "Florida Ambulance Association"
VERY IMPORTANT: During session, it can be very difficult and expensive to obtain lodging near the capitol. FAA has reserved a small block of rooms on the nights of January 27 and 28th. These are available on a first come, first-served basis, and the block cannot be expanded. We advise you to call (850) 513-0313 as soon as possible if you would like to obtain a reserved FAA room.
Registration Types and Fees
Registration for the inaugural Florida Ambulance Association Stars of Life & Hill Day is complimentary for FAA members. Non-member organizations wishing to participate are charged $200 per Star and $100 per host to cover the costs of catering and awards, subject to the approval of the FAA board.
- Stars of Life (Limit One Per Organization)| Paramedics, EMTs, Dispatchers, and other mobile healthcare professionals being recognized by their organizations for exceptional contributions. Attire for Stars is dress uniforms (first choice) or work uniforms (second choice).
- Hosts (Limit One Per Organization)| Executive leaders who will facilitate dialogue between the Stars and elected officials. Attire for hosts is dress uniforms (first choice) or business.
- Guests (Limit One Per Star) | Family member or friend of a Star. Attire for guests is business.
What Do I Need to Nominate a Star of Life?
- Full name as it should appear on the recipient's plaque
- Unique email address—DO NOT use the same email for Stars and Hosts, it will cause information to be overwritten in the database. If your Star doesn't have an email, just use a fake @mailinator.com email.
- Headshot photo—A well-lit, smiling smartphone snap against a plain background is fine!
- Official job title
- Brief bio—Where was your Star born? Family? Kids? Pets? Hobbies? What makes this star so exceptional? This could include a specific patient save, an act of compassion or leadership, sustained community impact, or something else. This bio will be used to help elected officials understand who they are meeting with and why mobile healthcare is important. Download tips for writing your Star's bio.
- Home zip code for Hill visit scheduling
- Work (base or headquarters) zip code for Hill visit scheduling
Showcase your Stars! Please use #FLStarsofLife on when posting about your nominees on Facebook or Twitter. (The Association will also post!)